1 Jun 2011

Procrastination (Part One)

2011? Jesus, how did you arrive here - on your dinosaur? Click here to go to hencewise.com, and stop a weirdo holding a candle in the dark, looking all dramatic and old-fashioned.



I was going to write a thing about procrastination, but I haven't yet got around to it.

That sounds like a shit joke, and of course it is, but it's also really, really, exactly, actually true.

I'm procrastinating. The thing I think I 'want' to do, of course, is actually a thing I don't really 'want' to do at all, especially compared to the things I'm doing instead, apparently, otherwise I'd be doing it instead of them, wouldn't I? That's basically what procrastination is and I'll go into more detail about it soon when I'm not as heavily involved in it as you are now.

That must be why you're here, presumably, as reading this definitely isn't as important as cross-referencing all of your available skills and assets against the projected cost of your perceived life goals in order to maximise your directional potential for long-term happiness or, I don't know, sewing.

I bet you haven't tidied that place where you can never find batteries, manuals or your passport?

Or e-mailed that quite important person you've clicked 'Mark Unread' on 8 times?

Or booked those tickets to that thing you know will definitely be good but is too far away to not guarantee something better will come up?

Of course you haven't.

I bet you haven't even written that article about procrastination yet, have you?

Didn't think so. Neither have I. Well, while we're both not doing the things that we should be doing, we might as well be looking at a list of other things that other people are doing while they're not doing the things that they should not be doing. *

From the Basement - a performer-friendly and classy-to-fuck video project that aims to showcase the close-eyed, soul-bearing artistry of today's best song makers.

Romantically Apocalyptic - a funny, engaging and stunning web comic crafted with live actors, stock footage, green-screens, Photoshop and, presumably, an elephant bum-load of patience.

The Daily Mash - savage, brilliant satire and often the antidote to whatever bonkers 'real' news we shouldn't be wasting our paper and ink and and eyes on.

Post Secret - people write secrets on postcards and send them anonymously to this mega popular community art project blog jobby. It's anonymous, it shows, and it's a real treasure.

Decadent Lifestyle - a simple, multimedia blog of a lot of people having more fun than you.

Sky Survey - a big, zoomy picture of the night sky. Sounds dull, but a few minutes with it regularly will at least make you go oooh and stop worrying about anything less significant than destroying your head in a lawnmower accident.

TED - all the best people in the world talking about all the best things in the world and you can watch it all from your desk with the added convenience of realising you're a useless, chair-wasting pleb in comparison.


That's enough for now as I have other things I need to avoid to do, which I can now start not doing now I've not done this.

Part Two coming soon...

It isn't.


* [Incidentally, this is the point that my friend came round and I even stopped writing a post about not writing a post for hours while we binge-watched funny videos on YouTube like a pair of socially inept gonks.]

2011? Jesus, how did you arrive here - on your dinosaur? Click here to go to hencewise.com, and stop a weirdo holding a candle in the dark, looking all dramatic and old-fashioned.